May 14, 2013 – Initial Release.
How To Play Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine LAN Online Text Tutorial
Again, the video was already posted by Versatile on his YouTube channel, which you can view here. I will begin doing a lot more of these as V doesn’t have enough time these days to create text tutorials for you guys, and I just feel happy to take that load off him and provide content for you text-goers out there.
These videos are fairly straight forward but for some, text tutorials are much easier to follow. So let’s get to how to play Monaco online with Tunngle!
So some things you need:
- You need Tunngle installed.
- You need the Steam Client installed.
So the steps to play Monaco online:
- Download the latest GreenLuma patch here. Extract these files to your Steam folder.
- Install Monaco: What’s Mine Is Yours. It is okay if you had this installed previously.
- Download the updates here and here. There are two parts, install them in the correct order. These are also files hosted on Zippyshare, so they are safe and approved by us and Tunngle itself.
- After you’re done with the updates, download and install the SteamWorks and Multiplayer Fix from here.
Extract the MP and SteamWorks Fix to your Game Install Folder.
- Launch the Tunngle program and log in.
- Join the network named “Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine”. If you don’t know how to do this, check out Tunngle’s tutorial wiki page. They have the answers to your questions in case you have any.
- Launch the Steam client and log in. You may also log into GreenLuma.
- Once you’re logged into Steam and Tunngle, launch Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine.
- If you’re the host, launch the game, switch to Online Mode, then go to Custom Match.
Create a match using the simple online mode, then press Next. You should now be waiting for other players to join your network or you can tell the friends you want to play with that your server is online. Begin the match when ready.
- If you’re a player looking to join a match, again get on Online Mode.
Go to Custom Match again, but this time just join any server you want to play on. These servers can be some people that you don’t know who are hosting for random players to come, or a private server between you and your friends. Make sure to communicate with your friends to find out the information to join their specific server.
As always, the video tutorial is below the post in case you need further clarification.
Have questions? Comment on the post below or visit the actual video tutorial and comment there.
Enjoy playing Monaco LAN!